- About Us
- Education & Advisement
- Our Research
- Our People
- News & Events
- Log in
Robert C. Hodson, Ph.D.
- BISC 100 Honors* - Freshman Seminar
- BISC 207 Honors* - Introductory Biology I
- BISC 208 - Introductory Biology II
- BISC 208 Honors - Introductory Biology II
*Course web site available through Sakai
Scholarly activities are in the area of introductory biology teaching with emphasis on undergraduate laboratory instruction and data sharing through computer networking.
I am testing new investigations for the Introductory Biology I and II laboratories in the areas of statistical analysis, bioinformatics, cladistics, evolution, and ecology. A trial of CPR (calibrated peer review) for writing instruction in BISC 207 is underway.
- Hodson RC, Acuff J. Water Transport in Plants: Anatomy and Physiology. In: O'Donnell MA, ed. Tested studies for laboratory teaching. Vol. 27.; 2006:163–183. Proceedings of the 27th Workshop/Conference of the Association for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE).
- Hodson RC, Acuff J. Introductory Biology II Laboratory Manual. 10th ed. Plymouth, MI: Hayden-McNeil Publishing, Inc.; 2005.
- Allen D, Hodson RC. Crops of the future: A problem-based learning exercise for the laboratory. In: O'Donnell MA, ed. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching. Vol. 25.; 2004:199–218. Proceedings of the 25th Workshop/Conference of the Association for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE).
- Hodson RC, Acuff J. Investigating Animal Respiration with Electronic Probes. In: O'Donnell MA, ed. Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching. Vol. 24.; 2003:191–210. Proceedings of the 24th Workshop/Conference of the Association for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE).
- Hartnett ME, Newcomb JR, Hodson RC. Mutations in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Conferring Resistance to the Herbicide Sulfometuron Methyl. Plant Physiol. 1987;85(4):898–901.
- Hodson RC, Gresshoff PM. Fluoroacetamide resistance mutations in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Arch Microbiol. 1987;148(1):8–13.
Phone: (302) 831-8440
Fax: (302) 831-2281
Office: 225 McKinly Lab
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716
- B.A. - University of Minnesota
- M.S., Ph.D. - Cornell University
- Postdoctoral - Brandeis University